Thursday, August 27, 2009

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli

 
I'm always trying to figure out new ways not to bust out the pots and pans.  And, I always like veggies when I'm preparing a meal.  I've done these as a side and I've also placed them on top of a salad for a nice crunch instead of using bread.
Preheat oven to 375.
Wash and cut brussel sprouts in half clean the broccoli.
On a large sheet pan, spread out the veggies and sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil and toss together.
Cook for 10-12 mins until they are golden  brown.  
Serve on top of salads, or as a tasty side dish.  I've even had success serving these to people who swore up and down how much they hate brussel sprouts.  You can even drizzle with balsamic vinegar and shaved parm for a different variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment